Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Sound of Silence

ReMe Retreat - The Sandhills - 2018
It's exceptionally quiet as I write this in my living room.  The cats are sleeping, and I'm intentionally avoiding television, music, and podcasts for a time.  Silence is golden in moments like these. 

By comparison, last week overflowed with a cacophony of sounds that filled my heart.  Laughter and conversation were my constant companions, and when friends departed, the silence was deafening.

The Fountain at our ReMe House

Even my quietest moments last week were filled with soul soothing melodies, in our ReMe Retreat House and in the Studio at ARTworks Vass.  This sweet fountain is one example of that.

Silence and Sound; Yin and Yang; I suppose that we need a bit of both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment