Friday, November 9, 2018

Everything Old is New Again

Industrial Layered Studies in Texture
I tend to move quickly.  An idea strikes, and if I have time in the studio, I execute it.  Often I'll play with a concept for weeks or months. (Or sometimes mere hours!)  And then, when the next commitment interrupts my flow, I'm off and running again.  When I return to my bench, it's generally with new inspiration, and I  move in a different direction. 
 
A little ADHD ?!?  Maybe.  It serves me well in many ways; but a recent visit with friends caused me to reexamine some of the projects, concepts, and techniques that I've abandoned through the years.  These include the earrings shown, and I'll share other similar pieces as I discover them.  They serve as a visual timeline of my professional life as a maker, and they remind me to pause occasionally to appreciate and fully examine what's in front of me in the moment.

Texture and Cold Connections
Still Steal My Heart



No comments:

Post a Comment