Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Beginning Again... and Again... and Again

Jean Skipper during a recent ReMe Retreat.
I was talking with several friends recently about the power of the written word in our lives.  Without exception, each of us loves our journals, diaries, and blogs; although some of us are definitely better than others about the practice of writing.

I fall into a category of one who loves the idea of writing regularly.  My follow through however,  is a bit weak.  I periodically try to alter this course by declaring, "Today is the day!  I will write a page or a post today, and every day for the rest of my life!"  And I mean it; I really do.  In the moment I'm eternally optimistic that this time will be different from all of the others, and that my collection of barely used journals will become a thing of my past.  Alas, so far this hasn't been the case.

So today I'll begin again in a kinder gentler way.  I will write everyday, one day at a time.  My posts need not be witty, riveting, or even coherent; they just need to exist in some form.  As anyone who's met me in person knows, for better or worse, I have a lot to say.  Today I will begin again to say it.


2 comments:

  1. Just remember, that you don't have to "write" every day. Think of it as expression of thought/feeling... that could be with words or an image. Think of the daily black and white challenge, daily expression through image.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa, and I miss you like crazy too! You must be one of three people who follow my blog, as I decided to wait to announce this new beginning until after I'd stuck to my habit for a few weeks. ;-) You are absolutely right, and that was also on my mind as I wrote this. I hope that all is well in your corner of the world, and that we'll have a chance to catch up in person again sooner rather than later. <3

      Delete