Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Twist of The Wrist

As I was driving down the road today to and from Southern Pines, a glimpse of my wrist made me smile.

I generally wear my own jewelry every day. And in spite of the fact that I create on almost a daily basis, I usually create for others. As a result, I often fall into a habit of wearing the same pieces again and again. Today was different, and this wasn't even a conscious effort on my part.

This morning when I was getting ready for my day...and probably doing three or four other things at the same time... I evidently decided to wear four distinctly different bracelets that make me happy. That's right, four of them! On the same wrist!!! Four is a lot, and these four are a bit mismatched even by my standards. Somehow though, they seem to work together.

In my banking days, I once discovered that I'd worn two mismatched shoes for an entire day. Maybe this is the artist's version of the same thing?

These were on my left wrist and I was holding the steering wheel when I noticed them. They brought a smile to my face. I hope that you'll enjoy them too.



Bracelet #1... etched in my handwriting, "The best way to predict your future is to create it."

Bracelet #2... features "Dream", and is a prototype of a special project that's in the works.

Bracelet #3... tickles me to no end. An original design resurrected from the past and improved.

Bracelet #4... a personal milestone and a sample from the metalsmithing class I've been taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment