Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just One Little Stone

This is one of the first pieces that I completed in my metalsmithing class. It’s a sentimental favorite because of that, and also because of this one little stone.

This one little stone was given to me by Alan on one of our adventures. It’s one little stone that was pressed from his hand into mine…. an expression of love… a priceless gift … a remembrance of the times that we’ve shared… and a reminder that simple things really do matter most.

Just One Little Stone.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Nanette!

    It's going to be fun to watch my work evolve as my newfound "formal" skills take hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be the coolest thing I have seen of late :-) How WONDERFUL to have a wearable memory of his earlier years -- he's growing up SO fast! This is absolutely gorgeous! BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Penny! I know that it's a cliche, Penny; but I honestly can't believe how quickly the time is passing. :-)

    ReplyDelete