Friday, January 6, 2017

2017's Major Creative Goal Is ...

My mystery response to this prompt
will soon be revealed to... both of us!
"The major creative goal that I want to achieve in 2017 is..."

Last night, as I continued to formalize my goals and plans for the year, this prompt became part of the process.

I had no problem coming up with a lengthy list of creative goals for the year.  Big and small, my creative dreams are always on my mind.  The challenge enters the picture when I'm asked to narrow them down to one major goal.  I've always been a girl who wants it all.  I dream big, and so much of the wild and wonderful ride that is my life's adventure has been a direct result of that single trait.

As I reflect in midlife, with the hope of self improvement and new beginnings, I recognize that my capacity for considering and pursuing huge numbers of hopes and dreams during every minute of every day has left me exhausted.  My attention has been divided in ways that don't always serve me well.

I suppose that the solution lies in the balance of all of it.  I'll continue to dream big, often, and

sometimes crazily; it's too much a part of who I am to ever stop.  I'll also work toward narrowing my focus, in dreams and in life, so that I can give my full attention to accomplishing my most imminent goals while still moving toward those that are dancing enthusiastically in the background.

I'm going to contemplate my response a bit longer, and I'd love to know what's on your creative horizon too.


What is the one major goal that YOU want to accomplish in 2017?  


Please leave your response in the comments below or email me directly at jeanskipper@jeanskipper.com.


Look at all the bright shiny colors!
As Debbie Keen proves, a bit of order
doesn't diminish their beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean! My goal is to get back to daily creativity in some form or fashion. 2016 was a hectic year so I'm looking forward to fining my balance again.

    ReplyDelete