Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Love for Hyperbole and a Half


I've been savoring this gem of a book since I discovered it at Books To Be Red during our ReMe Retreat on Ocracoke Island in May.  I admit that it was an impulse buy.  The artwork on the cover grabbed my attention, and after browsing a few random pages, I had to have it! 

In Hyperbole and a Half, Allie Brosh provides readers with a lighthearted look at serious issues like depression and mental health, while also drawing attention to the random absurdities of everyday life...and our pets...and our love of cake...and the heinous nature of geese...and so much more!  Virtually every drawing and chapter in this book brings a smile to my face, and I can't begin to count the number of times that these pages have made me laugh aloud.


Signs of love, or maybe jealously, left by
Clark the Cat.  He seems to be at his friskiest when I'm
laughing madly for no apparent reason. 
Given my love of instant gratification, by not reading this treat in one marathon session, I'm exercising great restraint.  Instead, it lives nearby, at the ready for those days that I need it most.  I'm hoping that I can make it last until April 2016, when Allie Brosh's new book, Solutions and Other Problems, will hit bookstores.


******************************************************


For Leslie Lanier, the lovely and talented owner of 
Books to Be Red, if you're reading this, please reserve a copy of Solutions and Other Problems for me during my visit in May!  For my ReMe Sisters, and anyone else who loves this sweet bookstore on Ocracoke Island, please contact Leslie by email, phone, or Facebook to order or reserve your copies too.  While there's nothing like an in person experience at Books to Be Red, 
mail order from Ocracoke is the next best thing!  

******************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment