Monday, May 20, 2013

Studio Inspiration - Art by Amy Smith

It was another wonderful weekend of organizing and creating in my studio.  I continue to make progress every day, and I'm finding motivation in this positive development.

While the results may not be apparent to the untrained eye, a few of my newly clutter-free horizontal surfaces have already inspired me to take action on the ideas that are dancing in my heart.  (In my world, no horizontal surface stays empty for long, and in this case that's a very good thing!)
"Oh, isn't it curious?"
Yes, indeed!
Amidst my creating, this blue bird caught my eye.  He's one of my earliest purchases of original artwork by the talented Amy Smith.  Amy was one of my first true friends here in North Carolina, and she's encouraged my artistic development from "Iwannabe" to "IthinkIcan" to "Ireallyamanartist".  For this I will always be grateful.

You can view Amy's recent work on her  Facebook Page, in her mixed media online store, or in the store that she's dedicated to her handmade glass beads.   

No comments:

Post a Comment