Sunday, March 28, 2010

Work in Process

Here's a glimpse at my latest work in process. Yes, it's still in raw form, so you'll need to check back after next Wednesday for updated photos!

I've been taking the most amazing metalsmithing class lead by Erica Stankwytch Bailey. It's been a long time since I've allowed myself the pleasure of being a student in a class, and one of my commitments to myself this year was to make time for it. I seriously considered the immersion approach of a week long session with one instructor. Instead I opted for a regional weekly course of study, and I'm so happy that I did.

In addition to the fact that Erica is an amazing artist and teacher, I'm also enjoying my new weekly creative habit. My class time, and my preparation for class time, is mine alone, and it's dedicated to developing my skills while expanding the possibilities within my current body of work.

I'm looking forward to all that follows!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Jean!
    I'm so glad you are doing this for you! Can't wait to see the results of all your efforts!
    Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete