"Remember to Remember"
Three little words. (Technically two if you consider that one is used twice!) It's a simple enough saying on the surface; but the meaning is near and dear to my heart.
Just before Christmas, I created twenty-one "Remember to Remember" neckaces for a customer. Their purpose in her life remains a mystery to me; but my mind was filled with the possibilities, and the significance of these three little words, as I created them.
In 2010, I'll Remember to Remember ...
- to enjoy real conversations with my family on a daily basis. (Not just the routine communication that we squeeze in while we're doing ten other things; but meaningful, "I'm really paying attention to you" kinds of conversations.)
- to reach out to my friends and family when I think of them
- to say, "I Love You.
- to send a few of the handwritten greeting cards or notes that are constantly rolling around in my mind.
- that everyone I encounter is facing their own personal challenges.
- to make good choices where my own health is concerned. Healthy food and moderate exercise are definitely a part of this plan.
- to proactively accomplish the tasks that I tend to procrastinate.
- to clebrate my accomplishments instead of focusing on what remains to be accomplished.
- to create for the sheer joy of it.
- to find peaceful time for myself on a daily basis, even if it's only for a few minutes.
And finally, I'll Remember to Remember to be greatful for all of the blessings that fill my life.