Sunday, January 3, 2010

Months ago....(Many months ago!)...I bent the handle of a spoon that I'd been moving from place to place around my studio for quite some time. The sharply curved metal and the feel of this piece in my hand pleased me; but I had no idea as to what else I would do with it. This unknowing is a part of the creative process for me. I have faith that inspiration will strike in its own time, and I've developed infinite patience as a result.

After bending this piece, I relocated it periodically and clipped it to a variety of temporary homes around my studio. I'd play with it when it caught my attention; but I was never moved to do anything else with it...until today. Today, while I was midway through a variety of other projects in my studio, an image of the finished piece popped into my head. I dropped what I was doing, retrieved my bent little spoon, and the creating was easy.

I'm thrilled with the results! This piece is all mine. Its substantial and interesting; it feels good to wear it; , and as I embarq on my quest for healthier living in 2010, I hope that it will remind me to breathe before I reach for another spoon... unless of course it's to add to this collection! :-)

Soon, I'll be debuting these creations in my store on 1000 Markets. This is a new venue for me, and I'm really excited about it. In the mean time, please feel free to contact me here if your need for a spoon of your own is more urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment