Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Something" Is Better Than "Nothing"

 
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." ~ Carl Sagan

Swan Quarter, North Carolina, November 2012
For weeks, in my head, I've been writing my "end-of-the-year-blog-post-that-exceeds-my-wildest-expectations-of-all-that-a-blog-post-should-be".  It explains where I've been and all that my family's been through in 2012.  It paves the way for my return to real life, my studio, my online world, social groups, galleries, and art shows.  In my minds eye, the post itself is an amazing work of art.  It's revealing, entertaining, and sentimental...with a touch of the humor thrown in for good measure.

In my mind I've also been composing a "new-year-fresh-start-new-beginnings-post" for 2013.  It's equally amazing.  On this point, you'll have to trust me, as neither post has gone beyond the realm of my own imagination. 

Perhaps that's exactly as it should be.

Today, in conversation with a dear friend who's been struggling in a similar manner, I verbally committed to writing "Something" today on my blog.  As I explained to her, in this instance "Something" has to be better than "Nothing".

In our quest for perfection we sometimes lose sight of that.

Here's to more "Somethings" in 2013.  And to the realistic expectations that will allow us to enjoy them in all of their glorious imperfection. 
 
Happy New Year!

1 comment: