Sunday, October 14, 2012

Miracles for Mom

For my Mother and our family, the last few days have been nothing short of miraculous.  She continues to improve thanks to stellar care, new medications, and an abundance of prayers.  Her outlook is positive, and she no longer seems to be upset when I leave her side. 

Early this morning when I arrived, Mom was awake in bed.  She recognized me, knew me by name, and said good morning.  Then she asked me how the fundraiser for Alan's cross country team went yesterday.  This encounter, while it would have seemed insignificant a few weeks ago, represents a huge step in the the progress that she's made since arriving here.

While I was helping to get her out of bed this morning, Mom noticed that my shoelace was untied, and she asked me to tie it.  And while eating breakfast, she was adamant that I share  a piece of her blueberry muffin.  Her caring nature is returning, and we couldn't be happier.

Will Mom continue to improve?  We're praying for it.  As planned, she'll proceed to St. Joseph's of The Pines tomorrow.  She'll begin more extensive physical therapy there, and her doctors will continue to monitor her mix of medications and progress.  We'll reassess our future plans in three to four weeks, and I'll continue to update you here with any significant news.

Thank you again for your patience, your prayers, and your love.  You mean the world to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment