Thursday, November 17, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

I continue to "enjoy the journey" to and from my shows, and last week's was an especially memorable one. My participation in The Telfair Art Museum Show provided me with the impetus for my first visit to Savannah.

My adventure is probably best told in a series of photos. While they won't capture everything, hopefully they'll provide you with a glimpse of the beauty that surrounded me and the eclectic experience that I had during my time there. You'll also find a few more photos from the road on my Facebook Page.

In addition to these photos, my favorite memories are definitely of the people I met along the way. My customers who shared their stories, their memories, and their generous spirits...the girl scouts who performed in my booth a song that they wrote about Spanish Moss...the talented artists...the volunteers and show organizers who epitomized the legendary hospitality of Savannah...the police officers who guarded us and our creations around the clock during our visit...and "Christine Sullivan" who kept me company as I rolled up my little corner of the street.

It was a memorable trip all around, and I'm already looking forward to a return visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment